Arts and culture groups across Royston and the region are once again coming together to contribute to the UK-wide Voluntary Arts Week, which this year takes place from 6-15 May. Whether it’s knitting that tickles your fancy, amateur dramatics, a photography masterclass or art exhibition, there is something for all local creative tastes…
- Royston Photographic Society: Heath photography excursion – Tuesday 10 May, 7.15pm til sunset. Meet at Royston Heath Sport Centre car park, to put your camera through its paces, and capture images of the sunset.
- Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) play-reading session at The Boars Head, Royston – Wednesday 11 May, 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Join a fun play-reading session, with scripts provided, where you take it in turns to read the characters’ parts.
- Royston Museum is hosting a number of events. Sit & Sew with Priory Quilters, on Wednesday 11 May, from 1-3pm; Knit & Natter (adults), on Thursday 12 May, from 10.30am-12pm; Knit & Giggle (kids), on Saturday 14 May, from 2-3.30pm.
- Royston Arts Society Exhibition at Royston Library – Friday 6 to Saturday 14 May (excluding Sunday 8 May). There will be an exhibition and sale of paintings by members, with details of becoming a member of the society also available.
- Royston Craft Fair at Royston Town Hall – Saturday 14 May, from 10am-3pm. The monthly craft fair will be transformed into a carnival extravaganza, and as well as our hand-craft stalls and tea room there will be have-a-go tables with a carnival theme.