The deadline for submitting events for the 2021 festival has been extended to midnight on Friday 28th May and that deadline will also apply to applications for seed funding. If you sign up to our newsletter or request email notification of new posts (in both cases see below right) you will be kept up-to-date on developments for the 2021 festival and we will let you know whether you have been successful, or not, in early June or perhaps earlier if you made a submission before the deadline was extended.
Inclusion of all events and the allocation of seed-funding is at the discretion of the Creative Royston Management Committee (CRMC) and we should stress that the festival is primarily a local, community-based arts event.
The theme for 2021 is ‘Renewal’ chosen in line with the word’s meaning wherein lies the hope that we will be ‘starting again’ where necessary, ‘continuing’ where we left off, or better still ‘improving’ our lives from lessons learned during the Covid pandemic. We hope that it will provide an opportunity to engage with some important social issues and allow flexibility for artistic interpretations.
Whilst not essential, please try to connect your event to the theme in some way to help increase the overall impact.
For important information about how we work please have a look at the Get Involved page. The About Us page and other pages underneath it on the Top Menu also contain useful information on this subject including all our Key Documents.
To help us make the festival run smoothly, we have to set strict deadlines for Event Organisers and details can be downloaded below.
As in previous years, we again intend to make money available to help seed-fund independently organised events and the details can also be downloaded below.
We do hope you feel inspired to be part of the festival but if we include your event in the festival you must agree to the Event Organiser’s Conditions below. Specifically, you must agree to:-
- manage your event according to the law.
- provide the CRMC with details of your event (e.g. timings, venue etc) as soon as possible.
- provide details of relevant insurance at least 30 days prior to the festival.
- actively promote the Festival as a whole to your organisation’s members and the people who come to your event (and include a link to the festival on your website).
- advise people attending your event (in writing in your event programme or prominently on the entrance door) that photographs/video images may be taken during the event and used for publicity purposes and allow them the opportunity to opt out.
- keep a record of the number of people who attend your event, encourage audience feedback and provide a very short summary of this to us. (This will help us to gain funding for the festival in future years).
Please remember it is our policy to make as many events as possible free and for all admission fees to be set at affordable levels. Although CRMC may offer advice it acts solely in the role of promoter of any events it does not directly organise and it is a condition of their participation in the festival that Event Organisers accept full responsibility for the organisation of their own event(s). This includes all responsibility for the financial management of the event(s) and CRMC will not, either wholly or individually, act as a guarantor against loss.
If you agree to the Event Organiser’s Conditions above and are now ready to Submit An Event please proceed to that page.