General terms & conditions
Details and times were correct at time of publishing but may be subject to change.
We have a ‘no refunds’ policy (see Booking terms and conditions / Refund Policy below).
The Creative Royston Management Committee (CRMC) accepts no liabilty for any loss, damage or injury sustained by any member of the public visiting any venue participating in festival events or activities, this includes any loss damage or injury resulting from an act of terrorism.
It is the artists’ own responsibility to have public liability cover.
We may take photographs for publicity purposes. All people attending festival events will be deemed to have consented to having their photograph taken and their image used in this way.
Visiting adults are responsible for the supervision of any children in their care.
Booking terms & conditions / Refund policy
Admission: The Creative Royston Management Committee (CRMC) reserves the right to refuse admission.
Alterations: CRMC reserves the right to cancel or alter workshops, exhibitions and events. Programming alterations are at CRMC’s discretion.
Ticket refunds: We regret ticket money cannot be refunded unless a performance is cancelled. Then only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
The resale of tickets: Tickets will only be offered for re-sale once a performance has sold out. Booking fees for exchanges paid for by credit card will not be refunded. All exchanges and refunds are at CRMC’s discretion.
Latecomers: Performances start promptly at the advertised time. Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable pause in the programme before being shown to their seats.
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘Creative Royston’,‘Royston Arts Festival’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Creative Royston Management Committee. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without CRMC’s prior written consent.
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Creative Royston is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Creative Royston may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 2 December 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to surveys and feedback forms
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve the festival.
· We may periodically send promotional email about the festival or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, Creative Royston, c/o The Town Hall, Melbourn Street, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 7DA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please also refer to our Data Protection Statement which can be found under ‘About Us’ and ‘Key Documents’ on the dropdown top menu on this website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Creative Royston and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Creative Royston. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Creative Royston takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Creative Royston – © Creative Royston. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
· you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
· you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.